Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Am getting error code on Epson printer during install of a

Customer Question

Customer: Am getting error code on Epson printer during install of a new computer. Error Code 0xE5
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a new printerWF3620 and this issue has occurred as I am installing. There aree no ink cartridges in the computer yet
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: for the moment
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is my answer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Please give me a moment to reply,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.

In the case of a new printer setup though, this is almost always the result of an obstruction by packing material inside, such as tape or foam.

Lift up the lid again and check carefully for any tape (blue or orange) inside, any foam blocks or strips, etc.

Remove the ink cartridges, then snap them securely back into place.

Unplug power to the printer for a moment and it should restart normally.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope.Did not work and I had to go thru the setup of date/time etc again
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There are only 2 possible causes of this on a new machine. There is either some obstruction inside (missing piece of packing material) or the printer is defective (damaged in transit typically).

Please take a flashlight and check everything over again very carefully.

If you can't find anything or still no change, then you'll return the printer to the retailer and have them exchange it for another unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will take it back.Not a good use of $18. I have not signed up for any free trials or monthly payments. This was a one off.Can you please ensure this is the case
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I have no control over the billing, we are all independent techs here, and I can only diagnose the problem in cases like this.

yes, I'll make sure it was a one time use, no need for any ongoing fee.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.