Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I just installed my new Canon MG 7720 and although the scan

Customer Question

I just installed my new Canon MG 7720 and although the scan screen comes up after I set all the buttons ( dpi, scan to desktop etc) I click overview and get the message: Overview failed to complete. The message on the screen says Processing please wait momentarily, Well I have been waiting all day.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can assist you with your question.

The driver that gives you the option of scanning and printing is the correct one. What I would suggest doing is resetting the printing system and then installing the printer again. To reset the printing system, follow these steps:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears. After youreset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.

Then restart the computer and try installing the printer again. The latest drivers should be included in your operating system if it has the latest updates. Please let me know the result and if you have any questions.