Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I just bought a QL700 LABEL PRINTER but my lap top does not

Customer Question

I just bought a QL700 LABEL PRINTER but my lap top does not have a hard drive. How do I set it up?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. (I regret that I cannot offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to being picked up by other Experts in this category.)

Is your laptop a Chromebook? having no hard drive, sounds rather like a Chromebook.

If you, you need to have your QL700 connected to Google Cloud (an internet service requiring, of course, an internet connection).

That may be rather difficult for you, or disappointing to your expectations, unfortunately. Connecting a printer to Google Cloud requires that the printer be Cloud-ready (in other words, that it be on a list that is limited in size, of Cloud-ready printers) or else that it be connected to the Cloud through a Windows PC or Apple computer.

Is your Brother QL-700 a Cloud-ready printer? unfortunately, it is not, according to the list shown here:

http://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/printers.html#

So it would seem that you will need for it to be connected to the internet and the Cloud through a Windows PC or an Apple computer.