Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Changed Mac version10.7,5 to latest version 10.11.2 and

Customer Question

Customer: Changed Mac version10.7,5 to latest version 10.11.2 and printer canonpixma ip4200 refused to function and I get message raster2 canonj qyit
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: printer is shared with windows computer and is connected via a sharing switch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 12 months ago.

canon doesnt seem to have any drivers for that printer on that operating system

you can try it yourself on this page it may do better if it detects the operating system.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/ip-series/pixma-ip4200/

otherwise you are stuck with the apple drivers.

go to the apple menu / preferences / printers

remove the printer

disconnect it if it is usb

reboot both the computer and the printer

plug it back in again

it should install itself

If it is a network printer and it does not install there will be a plus sign in the same place as it shows printers above on the bottom right

click that plus sign and it should show it on the network and allow you to add it.