Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

PIXMA mg5320 keeps telling me the inner cover is open - but

Customer Question

PIXMA mg5320 keeps telling me the inner cover is open - but have opened and closed it and message will not go away and will not print anything HELPPPP
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Which cover exactly did you check? There are a few that can be referred to as the inner cover.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lifted the top cover - over the glass cover and then pushed the small black button on left top side to lift glass plate cover
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The front door where printed pages was also closed - I looked to make sure that the cover was really down on the top and even pressed firmly on the top covers while pressing the OK button to reset after opening and closing the 2 top covers - still the yellow error light and the message - inner cover is open. The error message only goes away when I cancel all print jobs in que
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok that is not the cover this normally refers to at least I do not think from what you described it is the cover, open and close the copver pointed out in this image:

http://www.canon-europe.com/images/InnerCover_tcm13-1073945.jpg

You may want to clean the entire area around the cover as well.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.