John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canaon MG6360 makes prints and the colour is nothing like

Customer Question

My Canaon MG6360 makes prints and the colour is nothing like the colour I see on the screen. Do I have a wrong setting?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Is the color printing faded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Please print this page, how is the print different than the screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your face is faded and blue and white
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok you said before it was not faded thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately it is not a good sign. Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the ink cartridges that ink will come out of when pushed that is normal, just get any dried ink off that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message. Let me know the results either way.