Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Scanning instructions J4620DW printer

Customer Question

scanning instructions for brother J4620DW printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 12 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

Is printing currently working fine or not?

Are you able to scan from the computer, using the ControlCenter program?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your quick response. The computer and printer are operating fine its just that i cannot work out how to scan.
usb connection -windows 8.1 I would prefer not to permit remote support. I oly purchsed the printer a few months ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Are you there??

You're welcome. Yes, I'm here. Sorry, it took me some time to write all of this. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions you can try.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you I understand and will await your written instructions.-

Thank you. Is this the first time you are trying to scan with this printer? Or was scanning working previously with this printer on this computer?

Do you see the ControlCenter program on your computer?

Type ControlCenter at the Start screen mode

, or click on the tiny CC icon located at the bottom right at the Desktop screen mode (you may have to click on the tiny triangle icon at the bottom right first.)

, then open it, then see if you can scan in the ControlCenter program.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
This is the 1st attempt. Re control center program do you mean Control panel?

No, it's not Control Panel, it's ControlCenter in one word, like ControlCenter4 (or ControlCenter3)

Do you see the ControlCenter program when trying my steps?

Please only reply at the box below on this web page. Thank you.

If you lose me, please click on the View Response / View Answer link in the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in order to get back to me at this web page again.

It looks like you are not able to get back to me at this web page. We have emailed you (from JustAnswer / Viet.) When you are available, please reply back to continue. I am providing a couple of solution you can try when you are available:

Solution #1:

- Type controlcenter at the Start screen mode, then click on the ControlCenter program and use it to scan.

- Or click on the tiny CC icon located at the bottom right at the Desktop screen mode (you may have to click on the tiny triangle icon at the bottom right first.))

Solution #2:

- Open Control Panel (by typing control panel at the Start screen mode, or by pressing at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK.)

, then there, open your Brother MFC-J4620DW printer, then there, open the option ControlCenter or option Scan option, and scan.

Solution #3:

- If you do not see the ControlCenter program on your computer, or if it does not work, please click on the website below:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=mfcj4620dw_us_eu_as&os=135&dlid=dlf101054_000&flang=4&type3=11

, then click on Agree to the EULA and Download in order to download and install the Full Driver & Software Package

; (note: the download file name is called MFC-J4620DW-inst...)

; once done, installing, then you should get the ControlCenter (likely called ControlCenter4) program, then use it to scan (see Solution #1 and/or Solution #2 again as needed.)

; (you may also see the Brother Utilities program and/or the ControlCenter program on the Desktop screen, then open it to scan.)

Solution #4:

- If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type services.msc then click OK

, then scroll down, then open the item Windows Imaging Acquisition

, then make sure the Startup type option is set to Automatic, then click on Apply at the bottom

, then click on Start button, then click OK at bottom

, then check scanning (see Solution #1 and/or Solution #2 again as needed.)

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.