John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My name is ***** *****,I am having a problem with my HP

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** *****,I am having a problem with my HP officejet pro 8600 premium
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am getting horizontal lines on my images when I print from office 2003 or 2007, especially when I save an image as a picture
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Please print this page and let me know what comes out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Freddy, I am Cynthia. I have sent an example of what I am getting .

That looks like a faded print but I still need you to print this page and let me know how it comes out. If you can not find print hold down CTRL (command on mac) and tap P while holding it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did print the page with no problems.

Ok what program did you print that image from? Did you create it within an office program or was it printed from something else?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, I thought you had my discussion that I submitted yesterday. I printed it from powerpoint .2003 and 2007.The file will print correctly 3 times in a roll, then 3 times with the lines,then 3 times correctly. The printheads are good.

Why are you saying the print head is good? How did you test that exactly? Because what you just described points directly to the print head (your machine only has one).

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you still there?

Why are you saying the print head is good? How did you test that exactly? Because what you just described points directly to the print head (your machine only has one)..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Because I ran the reports on the printer. I can see right now that we are not going to get anywhere. I wouldn't have asked anything if I hadn't did troubleshooting. I do know about printers. Lets just end this session. Also I think you have an attitude issue.

All I did was ask you for information and explained why I asked for it. That way I could help you troubleshoot the problem. I will opt out and open this to all experts for you. Good luck.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nevermind, Ill keep researching.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

hi this is rob. can you please send a copy of the actual picture that it was printed from? I would like to see the difference between the screen and the print out

thanks