Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

, yes i bought a canon mx926 im up to the set up but wi

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes i bought a canon mx926 im up to the set up but wi fi im having trouble with
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

What is the brand/model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Is there any error or message when setting up your new printer?

Are you able to go to the Wi-Fi/wireless setup / menu on the printer's screen, and connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name?

Which step are you stuck at?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE MAC AIR AND MY NETWORK NAME IS***** ASKING SECUITY SETTINGS

Do you mean it's asking for your Wi-Fi / wireless security key / password ***** passphrase or something else?

What is the brand / model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE A MACBOOK AIR AND JUST BOUGHT A CANON MX926 PRINTER ITS ASKING ME WEP OR WPA {TKIP} OR WPA PSK {AES}

1. Did the printer see your wi-fi/wireless network name?

2. Can you please check at the back/bottom of your internet modem / router device for the brand / model of it? Usually, the internet modem/router device was given to you previously from your internet service provider.

3. Is the Macbook Air laptop currently connected to the Internet modem/router device with a cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1.YES ROBERTS NETWORK
2. WPA 2
3.MACBOOK AIR IS WIRELESS

Thank you. Please select WPA PSK {AES} option and it will ask for your wi-fi/wireless password, and enter it and continue.

Note: Password ***** ***** If you do not know your wi-fi/wireless password, please let me know.

; if needed, try again with option WPA {TKIP}.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

If you need to check / confirm your wi-fi/wireless password ***** key / passphrase, please try the following:

Solution #1:

- Check at the back/bottom of your Internet modem/router device for any wpa/password/key/passphrase (it is case-sensitive.)

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please do the following on the Macbook Air laptop:

1. Open Finder/Apple logo, then select Applications, then Utilities. Then open Keychain Access
  2. If needed, select System under Keychains column on the left. If needed, select All Items under Category on the left.
  3. Then you'll see your wi-fi / wireless network name on the right column. (It will have a kind of AirPort network password.)
  4. Double-click on your network name.
  5. Select tiny box at Show password.
  6. Enter your Mac administrator's password, and press the Enter key. If you don't have one, just leave it blank and press the Enter key.
  7. Then you will see your wireless password ***** security key/passphrase/passphrase (it is case-sensitive.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THIS IS A RIPP OFF I HAVE NOT FINISH IT IS NOT FIX YOU WANT MORE MONEY

I'm sorry. I have offered the extra service with remote support, where I can connect remotely to your computer and fix the issue directly for you; that is only optional. We can continue troubleshooting by at this web page.

If you'd like to, I can also waive the extra remote support fee, and I can connect remotely to your computer and install / set up the printer for you, so you do not have to do all the troubleshooting steps that I would provide; I can just do those steps directly for you.

Please let me know; don't worry, we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK

Thank you. Please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5022ab84-a226-4167-8f7c-dd7bd4ec7a9f&Type=Java

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I CANT OPEN ON THIS WEB SITE

Sorry, please try the new website below:

http://www.teamviewer.com/

, then download and install the TeamViewer application

, then tell me the ID and Password ***** will show in the TeamViewer application

Let me know if there is any trouble downloading / installing the TeamViewer application.

Or we can continue to troubleshoot the issue at this web page.

It looks like you are away. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. I'm also providing some solutions you can try when yo are available.

STEP 1:

- First, please check / confirm your wi-fi/wireless password ***** key / passphrase:

Solution #1:

Solution #2:

4. Double-click on your network name.
  5. Select tiny box at Show password.

STEP 2:

- Connect the printer to Wi-Fi/wireless:

On the printer's screen, go to the option Wireless LAN Setup (or WLAN Setup), and connect to your wireless network name. Please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/pixma_mx925_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

, there, click on the option Standard Connection Method and follow the steps there.

; note: it shows the model MX925, but the instructions are the same for model MX926

STEP 3:

- Download and install the drivers for the printer:

Click on the website below:

http://search-au.canon.com.au/canon__au_en__au_en/search.x?q=&ie=utf8&cat=0&ct=Support&pagemax=10&imgsize=1&pdf=ok&zoom=1&hf=category%09zubaken&cf=model_sm%3APIXMA+MX926&modelName=PIXMA+MX926&ref=search-au.canon.com.au&pid=AOATrJzfzoTWpzbsXUx9-w..&qid=vC_hMLB0EseV9WkZT5Jj4_zIsMpc2w4E&d=DOWNLOADS

, there, click on your Mac OS X version on the left

, then download and install the following items below:

MX920 series CUPS Printer Driver

MX920 series Scanner Driver

Thank you.

STEP 4:

- Make sure printer is powered

, then click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences..., then open Print & Scan... (or Print & Fax)

, then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and it should detect your wireless Canon printer, then add it

, then check printing.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.