Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a brother MFC 9340CDW printer and have had it about a

Customer Question

I have a brother MFC 9340CDW printer and have had it about a year. We have in the past few weeks noted a hot smell when we print and increasingly shadowing effect on printed documents. We have gone through the advanced troubleshooting advice. So we replaced all the drums and we are still having the same issue. Any advise?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 12 months ago.

Do you still get the hot smell ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
lees of the hot or burning smell now
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the ghosting is also in the left side of the document and there are also a wrinkling happening as if the tension is off on the rollers somewhere
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know, if you still need help on this issue.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have had no information from you in this issue.

Thanks for the reply. See, honestly speaking, it is very difficult to say about the exact fault without inspecting the printer parts physically. But, from my experience I can say that, the problem is caused due to overheating of the fuser unit, due to that you are getting that smell and due to the same reasons, it seems one side of the roller was damaged, as the top part of the rollers are covered with rubber layer for better gripping. If you want to solve the problem completely then, you have to replace the fuser unit and the rollers.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks you for getting back to me... are these parts generally available quick to purchase?

I have to find out that, but generally these parts are not user replaceable. So, if you have previous experience in printer repairing then, you can try to replace these parts at home.