John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Mfc 8710-dw. -paper jams same place sheet will have half a

Customer Question

mfc 8710-dw. -paper jams same place sheet will have half a page of toner printed, not yet fused. I suspect a junk toner cartridge. I have already tried a new drum which did not change the problem. Now I think I need to replace toner cartridge. I need to be operational asap and the closest cartridge vendor is 30 miles away. If I drive up there and replace the cartridge and that is not it, then I have to go back and buy a new printer wasting tons of time and about $150 for the cartridge.
Any words of wisdom?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. This sounds like a failing fuser not a bad toner cartridge. When it jams where in the machine does it jam?