Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

I have a canon d1320 copier, for about 9 months. The

Customer Question

I have a canon d1320 copier, for about 9 months. The original toner cartridge is still in the machine. I make copies of documents and there are smudges everywhere, the plate is clean and there are no marks on the original. Could this be a sign that the cartridge needs to be replaced? I can print easily a couple of hundred copies a week.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Yes it could be caused by either the toner or the drum but from what you just posted it is much more likely to be the toner that needs to be replaced. Make sure to clean the entire inside of the machine with a lint free cloth before putting the new one in. Left over toner dust from the old one can cause the problem to show up with a new cartridge. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok, thanks - I will try that.

You're welcome and If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.