Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

How do I replacethe ink cartridge? I havea HPDeskjet 1010

Customer Question

How do I replacethe ink cartridge? I havea HPDeskjet 1010 series.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Please follow the below steps

Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not on already.
Lower the output tray, and then open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the printer. Wait until the printer is idle and quiet.
Place your finger on top of the cartridge you want to replace, and then lightly pull and press down on the cartridge to release it.

Remove the new cartridge from its package, and then carefully pull the orange tab to remove the protective plastic tape.
CAUTION:
Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Also, do not re-tape the cartridges. Doing so can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Hold the cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the printer, and then insert the cartridge into its slot. Make sure that the icon on the cartridge matches the icon on the slot.

Push the cartridge forward until it snaps into place.

Close the cartridge access door.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you can also click on below link that has the steps listed with pictures for easier understanding

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-1010-Printer-series/5157543/model/5157545/document/c03731263/

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you face any difficulty

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further