John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson Workforce 435 .Printer and copier work fine

Customer Question

I have an Epson Workforce 435 .Printer and copier work fine but the scanner does not , maybe since upgrading my Asus laptop to Windows 10 . I have downloaded the driver several times which appeared to install but i cant get it to work . When I click on the desktop icon and the User Account Control box appears showing the escndv.exe file asking if i want this program to control the computer , on clicking "yes" nothing happens .
Your advice please
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Where did you download the driver?

Do you see the EPSON Scan program icon?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
downloaded from the Epson site the icon is there . I would rather be walked through the solution . I am concerned that this is not being fixed free of charge by Epson rather than a third paerty

I'm sorry. I'm not affiliated with Epson; I'm an independent computer tech. Also, with remote support, it's easier and faster for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

Please let me know if you'd like to continue; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am wary about remote support with an unknown entity . It should be a very simple issue to resolve not costing a lot of money to fix I may as well buy something new

I'm sorry. With remote support session, you can see everything I do on the computer's screen and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

It depends; some issues can be complicated. We'll try simple steps first, then if it does not work, I'll provide more solutions.

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Thank you.

And there is no additional cost for remote support. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions you can try. Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service, so you don't have to worry about anything. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am disappointed that I cant get this fixed by Epson I think that this is a deliberate glitch created by Epson .i will leave it at that

I'm sorry; I can tell you that this is not an issue with Epson. After you've upgraded your computer to the latest Windows version 10 from Microsoft, it can cause some issues. Some devices / programs may not be compatible with Windows 10 and/or they need to be reinstalled for them to work, and/or some settings need to be adjusted. This is expected. If you search on the Internet, you will see that many people who upgraded to Windows 10 have issue with not just Epson printers, but with Canon printers, HP printer, etc. also. Whenever you update any computer to a new Windows version, there will usually have some issues that need to be resolved.

Please let me know if you'd like me to help; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.