Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I own a canon pixma mg3500 series printer and the printer

Customer Question

Customer: I own a canon pixma mg3500 series printer and the printer won't respond to anything. It won't even turn off without being unplugged
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have all the software for the printer on my laptop, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. I've tried troubleshooting, but the printer doesn't respond to a USB connection and that's my only option for troubleshooting it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

if one of the buttons on the printer's control panel is stuck on, it will prevent the printer from responding or from turning off.

Check all of the buttons and ensure they can press and release freely and none are stuck on.

Let me know what you find...