Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have an error 79 HP M1522nf
, It just reboots all the

Customer Question

Customer: hi Richard, I have an error 79 HP M1522nf
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It just reboots all the time and then come up with error 79 as soon as it initializes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This error message indicates an internal firmware failure.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 months ago.

What we can attempt here to resolve it is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 months ago.

If this reset fails, it would indicate an internal failure (faulty eeprom, meaning a bad logic/control board).

As this is a 2009 model printer, it is well past its designed maximum 5 year service life. The printer would need to be replaced at this point.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would be looking at $200-250 in repair costs. For the same price you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,