Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

ALL CARTRIDGES ARE NEW AND INSTALLED PROPERLY BUT MY

Customer Question

ALL CARTRIDGES ARE NEW AND INSTALLED PROPERLY BUT MY HPOFFICE JET PRO8610 WILL NOT COPY.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Followed all of your instructions and the problem with my printer still exists. Floyd
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

When you try to print, does it print blank pages?

May I know the exact response you are getting while trying to print?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I try to copy I get the message:Cannot print. Visit www.hpinstantink.com for information. Floyd
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to print from the computer?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shefin, I am not able to print or get beyond the message screen. It keeps reverting back to the message when I try to print. Thanks, Floyd
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Do you get any error code other than cannot print?

Do you see any lights blinking on the printer?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the screen just says "cancelling" and goes back to the "Cannot print " screen.One blue light with a microphone type symbol just stays on.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Please turn off the printer and unplug all its cables. Press and the hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then, wait for two minutes.

Restart the printer and check if the issue persists.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem still exists. the "Cannot print message" still comes on. Sorry about this persistent issue. I could go back and try to reclean everything. Floyd
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

please try cleaning. Along with that, check if any papers jammed inside the printer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do! I will get back to you in a few minutes. Floyd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shefin, no success after re cleaning. I did get a different message temporarily saying to try again later that there were other jobs in progress but that message lasted only briefly and reverted back to the "Cannot print message" The contacts have been cleaned thoroghly and there is no paper jam. Floyd
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please try following the instructions in the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8610-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5367603/model/5367606/document/c03096304/

Thank you.

S H E F I N