Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

Canon imageclass MF6530 I had a paper jam when I pulled a

Customer Question

canon imageclass MF6530
I had a paper jam
when I pulled a piece of paper out of the paper tray, a small spring got bent and came out too
now when I try to push the paper tray all the way in, the paper on it begins to curl up
I can't use the machine
Leland Pulley
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can assist you with your question.

This is most likely the paper can depression spring which lifts is the paper up to meet the roller and allows the paper to be fed. Without the spring, the paper will not be fed and will just stay in the paper tray. If you need the spring itself, you can get at the following page. That is most likely what you'll have to do since the bent spring will not correct the tension the paper to be fed. The printer will know that and will not feed the paper without the right pressure. Here is a link to the spring. I don't know if this is the least expensive place to purchase it so you may want to look around.

http://bitli.es/6DHjYO

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.