Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have a new Canon M726 printer.I am trying to set it up to

Customer Question

I have a new Canon M726 printer.I am trying to set it up to print. It wont proceed beyond step 7 in the set up guide where the printer heads are aligned.
Can you help me?
Mark Clemens Sydney
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

You can skip the alignment step to complete the setup and let me know, what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I skip it..the image panel keeps showing the earlier set up steps and will not move on to a later stage. I have rebooted many times with no progress.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can assist you with your question.

When you do the setup, make sure that you are using the ink that came included with the printer. The original and cartridges do not last that long, but they are different from the cartridges you by after you get the printer. They are specifically designed to set up and prime the printhead. Usually if you're stuck on this place in the setup, it has something to do with those temporary cartridges. If you are using the included cartridges and this happens anyway, then the printer cells or one of those cartridges may be defective. If that's the case, you would have to exchange for new one. But, so you know, this is not a normal place for this to stop otherwise. It should just go through the steps without you doing anything special whatsoever.