John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Can't get brother HL 2240 to print. Have had it 5 years.

Customer Question

Can't get brother HL 2240 to print. Have had it 5 years. Error message says usb port not supported. This is new problem never seen before.
Kevin Baugher
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

I have seen this case multiple times, and almost always is caused by malware.

Please download the malwarebytes free version from here: Anti MalwareBytes Free Version

Download, run it full scan, then delete all the detected malware.

Then restart the computer and try again to print. if it doesn't work, then reinstall the software (the malware may have corrupted it), after you install the printer drivers again, try to print.

If you don't have the printer software please let me know so I can tell you where to download it from (let me know your operative system version as well).

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====