John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

PIXMA MG2922 SOLID INDICATION (3 BLINKS}FORMS JAM? NO PAPER

Customer Question

PIXMA MG2922 SOLID INDICATION (3 BLINKS}FORMS JAM?
NO PAPER IN MACHINE...THIS IS HAPPENING ON INSTALL...
?????
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

If you try to make a photocopy from the printer, does it work?

Thanks

JOHN

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
NO, AS SOON AS POWER-UP INDICATOR BLINKS THREE TIMES
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
NO !! AS SOON AS POWER-UP, THE ERROR LAMP CYCLES CONTINOUSLY BLINKING 3 TIMES......
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

If you are 100% sure there is no paper inside the printer, then it may be a foreign object inside it.

Please check using a flashlight, to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen. If there is nothing obvious, un-plug the printer power supply.

Next, take a dry cloth or Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder. Dust may be coating the rollers there and as they become less tacky, they cannot feed paper correctly.

Holding the printer in both hands, turn it upside down and shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area. (Sometimes objects such as pens, paper clips and so on can fall into the paper feed area and cause blockages.)

Then plug the printer back up, take your paper out and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.

Please test the machine and let me know the results.

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====