Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Epson Stylus Photo 12 80 is putting too much orange,

Customer Question

My Epson Stylus Photo 12 80 is putting too much orange, Green leaves are printing as if in fall colors. How do I correct this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

See first of all whether you really need to correct the color, by printing a test page in color generated by the printer itself, or, even easier to do, a full-color photocopy (the image on the original document photocopied, does not have to be large, it just has to have a range of colors in it.)

At this point I need to note: the model # ***** have stated cannot be found. Is your model the R280 by any chance?

If the printer's photocopying (or test-printing) is also off-color, then that's peculiar. This type of printer has no 'orange ink' in it... so it might be a defect in the cyan color. Test this by noting whether blue or light blue tints are present anywhere in the colors it now produces.

Use your printer software to show the ink levels in the cartridges in the printer. Possibly the cyan cartridge needs replacing because its ink level is low or empty.

You may also have a problem where the software you are printing from is misrepresenting colors-to-print as different from what the eye sees on the monitor... this can happen, esp. in Adobe software of some complexity, because they have very complex printing color controls... but it can be corrected. (A sure sign of this is when colors print correctly or more or less correctly from other programs such as MS Paint, but colors are not correct when the same image or photo is printed from Adobe software.)

Let me know the details, and I will instruct you further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell knows nothing about the Epson Stylus Photo 1280 and his answer has nothing to do with the problem. This printer is NOT and all-in-one and his answer is not relevant. Please do NOT charge me for this visit.Al Hausrath
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I regret that I tried but failed. I have Opted Out, opening the case to any other Expert in this category that can be more impressive in his or her approach. Thanks.