John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

MY HP Printer CM1415FMW will not save scanned documents from

Customer Question

MY HP Printer CM1415FMW will not save scanned documents from my Mac. It was working perfectly yesterday, Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Is printing currently working fine?

Is there any error or message when scanning?

Can you turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from it for a few minutes, then reconnect, then turn it back on

, then restart the computer

, then open Finder, then open Applications, then open folder Hewlett-Packard (or folder HP), then open the HP Scan application there, then scan and check?

; and/or open the HP Utility from the Dock, if available, then scan

; and/or open the application Image Capture (or application Preview) in Applications in Finder, then scan.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I connect wirelessly thru my Mac. On the Mac I have El Capitan. Everything has been working perfectly until 2 days ago

Thank you. Did you see / try all my suggestions at this web page (please scroll up /down this web page in order to see all my replies)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.