Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Epson Workforce 845, scann function has "communication"

Customer Question

Epson Workforce 845, scann function has "communication" error following Windows 10 install. Printer works and scanner will work with Windows app, not with Epson Scann.
Next steps?
Thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

I would suggest you try the instructions from the link below.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=184583&prodoid=63091944&foid=196390

If the issue persists, you may try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer and scanner drivers.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Been there, done that. No results. Please review my write up. Printer does work as usual, scanner works from Control Panel, Devices and Printers, then click on Start Scan on top of screen. This is the Windows default, When using the Epson Scan Icon which did work before Windows 10, the system starts to respond, then stops. System comes back with a Communication Error. I am 99.9% sure this is not the case or printing and Windows scan would not work. I have check on the Epson Web site and run a driver check. Epson comes back that my drivers are correct.Is this a Windows 10 problem? If yes, how do I correct?Thank you!
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

The issue is with the compatibility of Epson scan with Windows 10. have you tried reinstalling Epson scan?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
uninstall and reinstall? If yes, will take a while - will you still be available.Thanks
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Take your time and let me know the result.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This process is a bit trying. I have uninstalled all Epson drivers, rebooted and downloaded new drivers from Epson.com. When opening the files I get a WinZip self extractor error "The requested operation requires elevation" What do I do now?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Can I access your computer remotely and help you resolve the issue?

Thank you.

S H E F I N