Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a new iMAC and need a printer driver update Canon

Customer Question

I have a new iMAC and need a printer driver update for the Canon MX860. What website can I use?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please go to the link given below, download and install the update. If it is the latest version of Mac OS X, only the printer functions will work, not scanner.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1742?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it true that Canon does not have Printer Driver software for the MX860 printer that will scan to a new MAC?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Canon does not provide a software for the printer. However, the printer will work the Apple update that I have given. But not the scanner.

I apologize for the bad news. However, this is the honest answer I can give.

Thank you.
S H E F I N