John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I recently tried to use printer cartridges (HP) that had

Customer Question

I recently tried to use printer cartridges (HP) that had been refilled. After the ink was installed I received a message saying that there was an ink cartridge problem and to remove the refilled cartridges and replace them with new cartridges. I did that, however the message saying there was an ink cartridge problem still shows on the screen. I tried shutting down the computer which did nothing, then disconnected the power source, again the same message appeared. Then I uninstalled the printer. While trying to reinstall the printer I have been unable to install it again. The ink cartridge problem message continues to appear on the screen. Now I have an uninstalled printer....plus that stupid message. I need to reinstall the printer so I can use it again.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

The printer has a sensor and it senses bad cartridges when you are using generic or refilled cartridges in that case you will get the message and till the time you are going to use genuine hp cartridges the message will remain. To eliminate the error you will have to get genuine cartridges.

To install the printer back you can click on the link given below and download the latest driver and install it.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-6830-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5390307/model/5390308