Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My Panasonic laser fax machine model KX-FL511 will not feed

Customer Question

My Panasonic laser fax machine model KX-FL511 will not feed blank paper so that I can make copies. I just put in a new toner cartridge. What can I do to fix it? If I can't do it , how can I get it repaired here in Tampa, Florida?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This unfortunately indicates an internal hardware problem - meaning either a fault or worn component in the paper feed path.

Unplug power to the printer.

Remove the input paper supply, blow the compartment out with compressed air. Clean any visible rollers/wheels with qtips and rubbing alcohol, dry well. Fan the stack of paper then put it back in.

Plug power back in and turn on. Try to fax/copy.

If no change, then there is a deeper hardware fault (bad motor/gear/belt/etc).

At that point, replacement will be the most practical option. You'd be in the $150-200 range for repairs which just isn't feasible for an 11 year old model. It is over double its service life at this point and isn't worth fixing when you can buy a brand new machine for under $100.

I can recommend replacement options for you, if you'd like.