Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have just replaced toner in colours magenta and cyan in my

Customer Question

I have just replaced toner in colours magenta and cyan in my cannon mf8280cw printer, and the copies are coming out green with little pink dots in parallel lines along each copy could you please tell me why, the printer is 12 months old thank you Fiona
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. When a laser printer of that sort skews the copies toward green, that means the cyan color is not being produced in enough abundance, I think.I don't know about the pink dots - yet - but, pink is close enough to magenta, that it's probably another sort of problem with the magenta toner dispersion from the cartridges. So I strongly suspect that your new cyan cartridge, and perhaps the magenta cartridge also, are defective, and will need to be re-replaced. If so, you should send the cyan (at least) back for a refund or exchange, since it might well be defective merchandise.Since there is always a slight uncertainty about this sort of diagnosis, I would replace only the cyan cartridge for now Just re-seating the magenta cartridge may be all that the problem with pink dots needs - if anything.