Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a Canon Pixma MP 510 printer, which has been working

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma MP 510 printer, which has been working fine.
I now I have just changed computers. My new Macintosh i-Mac has OS 10 Yosemite 10.10.5
operating system. Apple Care (tech support) could find MP 500 and MP 520, but not MP 510
driver/s. Can you help me.My phone is(###) ###-#### ***** web address is***@******.***, and my name is*****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, this is a very old (2006) model printer that was designed for only a 3 year service life.

All support was discontinued for this model many years ago. It is not supported under your current operating system, and really would not be expected to work at all in this situation.

You can try manually loading drivers for another model, or you can try loading the built in apple drivers, but even then at best you'll only get basic printing functions, you won't have any advanced settings, maintenance/tools, or fax/scan functionality.

Really though, for a printer this age it has served its life many times over, and would be expected to fail in the near future for hardware reasons (worn printhead, full purge system, etc) and would ultimately need to be replaced anyway. You may want to consider replacing the printer with a new/updated model that has current features (wifi, airprint, etc) and a fresh warranty that will be compatible with your computer. I can recommend some more suitable models for you, if you'd like.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

__

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.