John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My brothers hl2040 shows paper out and it is full. stoped

Customer Question

my brothers hl2040 shows paper out and it is full. stoped printing in middle of page because wife laid magazine on top of printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What is the exact and entire error?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brothers HL 2040 quit printing when a paper couldn't get all the way out due to having a magazine laid on top of it. The paper out light is on. I have removed and replaced the paper tray, I have pluged and unpluged the printer I have open and closed all the doors. I have added more paper and less paper. I have tried the manual sheet feeder and nothing changes
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Which lights are on, what color are they, and are they blinking? For example is this what you see?

http://support.brother.com/g/b/img/faqend/faq00000170_005/eu_ot/en/12790/PaperError1.gif

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO more money. Either you can tell me the problem and get the $23 we agreed on at the start or you can keep the $5 appointment fee and I will go on my way. I don't want the free trial I don't want to pay $23 a month to maybe get an answer to why my 5 year old printer isn't working. I smell a bit time scam.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I have no control over billing or advertisements. All I did was ask you to give me what the lights were doing and sent you a picture. Due to your response I'll be opting out instead.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, whaat came up on my screen was call me for $20