John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canon mg3500 says it is off but its on,,, it is not seeing

Customer Question

Customer: canon mg3500 says it is off but its on,,, it is not seeing it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: trying to print.. mg3500 seems to ne on and working.. laptop is not seeing the printer so it is saying it is off. Using wife to connect to laptrop
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Is the printer currently working on another computer, if you have?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,