John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How do I fix my Brother HL-4150CDN printer when it

Customer Question

How do I fix my Brother HL-4150CDN printer when it repeatedly jams when attempting to duplex print? I can clear the jam and then successfully print one sided but the next time I try to print duplex it will immediately jam.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue, but I must ask a few question before I can resolve your issue for you.

Where in your Printer do the Jams occur?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in a time crunch and my printer problem is part of the issue. BUT here we go --
I opened the 'back' door and removed one or two pages that did not looked jammed really - just stopped there. IF one page then it was just a few inches hanging down from the final dispensing area - with half the page in the receiving area. If there were two pages then the second one was partially in the paper tray with just a couple of inches sticking into the back area of the printer.

Please look for the following things:

Rubber Roller Cleaner for Martin Yale Folders, 13 Ounce Spray Can PRE200 It can be purchased at Walmart, Best Buy or any Office Store. Also, you need to acquire some Laser Printer Cleaning Sheets. These sheets are ran through the Printer and they clean the Pickup Rollers and remove any debris that may be attached to them.

Are you near the Printer now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but I have a meeting that must leave for immediately == hoping that I can continue this later and your advice does seem potentially helpful.

OK, we can continue this when you are free...