littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Technician
Experience:  Printer expert
63817454

PIXMA MX870--USING AS WIRELESS--SHOWS IT IS CONNECTED TO

Customer Question

PIXMA MX870--USING AS WIRELESS--SHOWS IT IS CONNECTED TO ACCESS POINT--WILL NOT PRINT (PRINTER NOT RESPONDING). WIRELESS ROUTER IS WORKING (I CAN USE OTHER DEVICES ON WIFI). PRINTER WILL WORK USB. I HAVE UPDATED THE DRIVER. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
Category: Printers
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Unplug your printer, and set up the wireless again. Sometimes they can lose their connection.

Also, press the reset button on your access point briefly, just to soft-reset it. This usually restores communication. You may need to go through the wireless setup on your printer again. Tell me the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rusty, I had already done all that. However, after I contacted you, I could not get internet service at all. I now think I have the problem isolated to either the Ethernet cable to the router or the router itself. I will try a new cable/router and see if this fixes the problem. if it does not, I'll contact you again. Also, email is the best way to communicate with me.Thanks,
Maurice Sullivan

Keep me posted Maurice, the reset button should fix the problem if it's the router. Definitely change out the ethernet cable, and let me know how it turns out.