VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

Have ImageClass MF4350d, printer-fax-scanner; always worked

Customer Question

Have ImageClass MF4350d, printer-fax-scanner; always worked great with Windows 7, then I did Windows 10. Printer and fax modes still work fine, but none of my scanning software can find the MF4350d. Canon Toolbox freezes up. I can no longer scan. Have Googled and found ideas of removing printer from my computer and reinstalling; or doing a full clean? re-boot, or downgrading back to Windows 7. I see on-line that many other Canon users are having the same problem. Any thoughts? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. I am truly sorry for the issue.

In essence you are asking for a Professional Opinion on whether you should downgrade to Windows 7 or keep Windows 10. In my Professional Opinion I would say to Downgrade back to Windows 7. As it is a proven and stable platform for you and worked well with your device. Until Microsoft and Canon get the needed processes in place to allow for a "Seamless Upgrade Path." I would not upgrade until all issue's are resolved. Also, it may take a few months (If you like I own a business. Then that is time that you cannot afford to waste.) before they have a driver that is fully compatible with Windows 10.

If any more assistance is needed please chime in or we can always chat via the phone if you wish.