Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have n hp 7500 e910 that squeaks when starting to print. A

Customer Question

I have n hp 7500 e910 that squeaks when starting to print. A red x shows on printer
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HP E7500 E910 PRINTER SQUEAKS WHEN STARTING TO PRINT. ALSO, A RED X IS DISPLAYED ON PRINTER PANEL.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check your printer's ink levels. The red X may go with any of a number of faults, and so specific indications must be sought with a little additional effort. Low ink or 'Ink Alert' is the most usual thing to go with the red-X on the panel, I think.

As for squeaking... that is most likely to be caused by a stiff rotational bearing in a part of the printer, or in the toner cartridge. If the toner cartridge ink level is not low, it might nonetheless be a defective cartridge, and cause worse problems than squeaking by and by, if it does indeed have a stiff bearing!

If you do decide to try swapping out the cartridge for another, be sure to save the original / 'old' cartridge in the new one's packaging, in case it turns out to be OK and to be re-usable.

(Are you by any chance using 'HP compatible' or remanufactured or refilled cartridges? that would make the squeaking being in the cartridge more probable.)