VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have an Hp Officejet pro 6830 Got a message "Problem with

Customer Question

I have an Hp Officejet pro 6830
Got a message
"Problem with printhead"
Help please
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs, Sorry for the issue. Please follow the link below to your resolution:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-6830-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5390307/model/5390308/document/c03081973

Chime in and let me know of your results..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are joking
I just paid you $32 dollars to send me to the hp support page
I have found out that the printer is useless.
You are not an expert at fixing printers, you just know how to surf the net to find support pages for products
I wasted my money, although I do remember that I only get charged if I am satisfied with the result. Therefore I should not be charged the full amount as I am not satisfied.
I will contact paypal to reverse the payment

Oh, hello again. So you have already gone to that information Sir or Madam? Many of us here point folks initially to the OEM's site for a General Error with there Printer.

Now, how is your printer useless?? Have you performed a Hard or Soft Reset for your Printer?

1. Unplug all cables and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.
  2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source.
  3. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.
  4. After 60 seconds, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet ( not a surge protector or battery backup ).
  5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.
  6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.
  7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.
  8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

HARD RESET is above Sir or Madam. This more then likely will return your Printer to a serviceable condition...

Lastly, I do not surf the Web for answers. I am a College Professor, a Hardware Engineer, a CompTIA SME and an Excellent mentor to Inner City Students... With 26 years of work experience in this job Sir or Madam.

I trust that you can say the same..