Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

The window says "service error." what should i do? mblock

Customer Question

Customer: The window says "service error." what should i do? mblock
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no. my printer was working o.k. until tuesday night. i don't know what to do. i've been using a computer for 30 years, but i'm still a computer calamity.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, i'll wait for a spell.i tried to follow the info in your operating manual (or whatever it's called), but i'm stymied. The m block
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

'Service error' generally means something severely wrong, I'm sorry to say.

It would help if you had stated what maker, and model #, of printer you have. Please Reply letting me know.

Try turning the printer Off. Unplug it from the power too.

Leave it that way, unplugged from power, for 1 hour or longer.

After that interval plug it in again, turn it On, see if the service error is cleared.

Generally speaking a Service Error is accompanied by a code or other more specific indication. Does your printer show one? if so, let me know, please.