Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I have an Epson WorkForce 845. Perhaps the ink cartridges

Customer Question

I have an Epson WorkForce 845. Perhaps the ink cartridges have a life span of longer than two weeks in humid climates, but not so here in NM. With seemingly predictable frequency, the printer readout (first one within a week of replacing all of them) states something dire (perhaps with minor variations) like the current warning: "Cannot recognize the following ink cartridge(s). Install them correctly." That statement is malarkey -- it is installed correctly. Yellow is the current color so claimed, but if that one is replaced another will be proclaimed empty within two days. Worst of all, 99% of my printing is b&W: to have a printer designed to block all b&W printing due to a ludicrous claim of an irrelevant color cartridge being out -- I've tried all options on menus I could find to overrule this outrageous extortion -- is an outrage. Still, I'm open to solutions. They'll need to be astoundingly good to override my frustrations with Epson.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mark,
Welcome to JustAnswer!

You are chatting to Pete.

How old is the printer? If you are using new, genuine Epson ink cartridges and they are continuously failing after two weeks of regular use, then perhaps the printhead is no longer working effectively and needs to be replaced.

The low humidity in NM would have more of an effect on the paper and how it is handled by the printer, and you may want to consider a small room humidifier to help improve the overall printing process.