Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Mate, my cannon mx895 printer prints out but nothing is on

Customer Question

Customer: hi mate, my cannon mx895 printer prints out but nothing is on paper, removed ink cartriges and cleaned printer head but still nothing on paper..any ideas..
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it just doesn't print anything on paper.....I select print , it does its job but nothing on paper
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

how did you clean the print head ?

if you did that manually by taking it out of the printer and soaking it in water it may need to be primed before it will print

try running the automatic print head cleaning on the printer menu a few times

also you might just be out of ink. or the cartridge dried up

it is tough to diagnose anything else is wrong until you try new cartridges just to make sure that wasnt the problem, because if the cartridges are bad nothing else will ever fix it.