Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

How do I get the printer to load contacts?

Customer Question

how do I get the printer to load contacts?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I presume that you are trying to load an email contacts list, into the printer itself, in order to be able to scan-to-email using that list of email contacts.

One can set up one email address on this printer, through which one scans-to-email a document to various email addresses.

To have a 'contacts' list, you would need to import it into the Address Book feature of the printer.

The most hopeful way to do this, would be through the software Dell provided for the printer... specifically, the Address Book Editor,

which can be found more or less in

Start - All Programs - Dell Printers - Dell Printer Hub

I am not sure there is an 'Import Address Book' function in that program - indeed there may not be - but look for anything like that, e.g. 'Import' as a menu entry. (There doesn't seem to be such a thing among the Tools menu, but I'm not sure of even that much.)

If no such function is in the Dell software, then perhaps an app or application e.g. non-brand freeware, has been written to do that. In case of that, please tell me your Windows or MAC OS X Version on your computer.