Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have purchased a Pixma Pro-1 which seems like a fine

Customer Question

I have purchased a Pixma Pro-1 which seems like a fine printer. However, when I try to print using Canon Print Studio Pro it will not print in landscape mode no matter how I configer the program. It repeatedly wants to print only in portrait mode which -- for a landscape photographer -- is very annoying. Let me give you an example. I am trying to print a fine art image shot in Death Valley on 11x14. Absolutely no luck. I get a partial print in portrait mode even when the screen says I am in landscape. What to do????
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. There are restrictions on the minimum size of the margins if you're printing on fine art paper. Printing paper allows much smaller margins. But, assuming that's not your problem, – do you have the canvas set up exactly as 11 x 14 in the application and, are you choosing the landscape orientation in the print dialog? To do this, when you print make sure you go to the file and then print so you get the full print dialog. (Using a print icon will not make this happen it will just try to print it). But, if you use the file print you should be able to then select in the native print dialog that you want it printed in landscape. If that's still not working for you, let me know with any other specifics you can provide and we can go from there.

By the way, we do have the ability to do remote support sessions at an additional charge if it gets to the point where you feel that would be helpful in troubleshooting the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike....I have done all of the above.

Can you please scan or take a picture of one of the results and then attach it here so I Can take a look at what the output looks like?