Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My printer DCP-J315W shows "Ink Absorber Full" and won't

Customer Question

My printer DCP-J315W shows "Ink Absorber Full" and won't print ~ how do I fix it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

If the printer is showing this error message, it means you have to replace the waste ink absorber, which collect the dripping ink from the cartridges after a printing job is complete, so that the ink does not damage other parts of the printer. The last solution for this problem is replacing the absorber from any repair shop, but you can reset the printer to use to for a little bit more , you can use the steps below to reset the printer . But, if you want my suggestion then, I will recommend you to replace the absorber asap, because if you do not replace it then, the excess ink will damage other parts of the printer and the repairing cost will be much more or sometimes the printer can get completely damage and unusable.

1. reset counters of ink absorber or flushing boxes (press the menu key on the touch panel and the black start (mono start) key on the control panel. next press the scan key four times. displays
"maintenance". press the 8 and 0 keys in this order in the initial stage of the maintenance mode. (for
models without numerical keypad, enter 8 and 0 using the up and down arrow keys, and ok .)
press the black start (mono start) key several times until the purge (or flushing) count appears on the lcd.
press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge (or flushing) count. and ok keys.)
press the stop/exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.