Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have 2 Epson TM-T88IIO model M129B The printers are

Customer Question

HI I have 2 Epson TM-T88IIO
model M129B
The printers are printing extremely light.. is there an ink refill?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There is no ink, these are thermal printers, they use a thermal printhead that produces heat that appears as the characters on special thermal paper.

If you are using the wrong paper or it is installed the wrong way it can cause light print,

it may also be that the printers are dirty or worn out (these are old models).

You can clean the thermal printhead area (the metal bar where the paper feeds through) with qtips and rubbing alcohol.

If that doesn't help and the paper is the proper type and fed correctly, then the printer has just reached the end of life stage and isn't heating sufficiently. At that point the printer would need to be replaced, they typically are not repaired. I can help find a suitable replacement for you if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have cleaned the area you are speaking of. I believe they are just too old. We have had them for 15 years. Can you please help me find 2 replacements?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That is well past the typical service life, 5-8 is expected in a retail environment.

Can you tell me more about the POS or system you use with it, so I can make sure to get you an appropriate match?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Do your devices have USB connectivity? Or only serial?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
serial ports
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

This model should be comparable for you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1Md4aNC

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.