John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP Photosmart 5500 Printer. Until yesterday is was

Customer Question

I have an HP Photosmart 5500 Printer. Until yesterday is was working normally by printing page/s that I requested. Now there is nothing! ...and it seems the Printer is not even installed and I cannot find an installation disc. (I am using Windows 10). Thanks, John
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not print from the computer)?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can copy OK.
I will have to look so be gentle with me! I am 77 years old and I am an 'expert' butcher when it comes to computer matters!
Certainly I would welcome a remote support session.
Thanks

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6f6a78c3-7fe6-408d-b59a-7c481a433c8a

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. Click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me:

http://tinyurl.com/pll5trp

2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Is there any issue? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.