Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

I have a Fuji xerox VC3320 i am having trouble printing my

Customer Question

Hi I have a Fuji xerox VC3320 i am having trouble printing my TIFF flies - i never had his problem before and all of a sudden i keep getting error code unsupported TIFF data or 016-731 - Invalid TIFF data
I have never had this problem before and when i go and print the same jobs it used to it will come up with the error message.
i haven't touched anything on the settings ... PLEASE HELP need to get printing
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

TIF files tend to be extremely large. And this sounds like a memory overrun error. You could also be a corrupted file. Are you able to open the image on your computer? If so, what was the TIF created with? Check the file size and make sure that it does not exceed the printer's memory capacity. The invalid TIF data error tells me that it may actually be a corrupt file. If you would like to attach the file here or put it somewhere where I can download and then give me a link, I'll be happy to look at the file itself would see if I can determine if it's corrupt.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, i have attached the file for you this file i could print a while ago and no longer can print -- i use a USB to save the file and take it to my printer and connect it thru the usb -- i use to print fine this way but i can no longer print TIF nor JPEG file this way. i cannot connect the printer to my computer due to not having much room so my printer is in another room for now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot seem to attache the file

To attach a file, just click on the paperclip icon in the bar above and then you should be able to browse to the file and click okay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i couldn't upload a tiff file but here is one file i tried printing but the same error message appeared
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i dont have any paper clip image in the bar section - just a small link next to the send button that says "add files" but i cannot seem to attach any of my files to this besides the one i sent on the 27th 1.jpeg