John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon Pixma MX922. During the set up process

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma MX922. During the set up process (printer is brand new) the Fax button was accidentally pressed. Now I cannot get it to turn off and resume the set up process.
All lights are on on the printer cartridges. It keeps recycling through the getting started steps.
How do I get the fax button to turn off and what can I do to continue the set up. The print heads need to be aligned as well as make connection to the internet
Thank you
***@******.***
Catherine Hynes
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

What happens, when you try to power off the printer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is actually the "copy" button was pressed.When I turn it off, the light comes on again.
ALSO it gets to Step 6 on the Easy Setup Pamphlet. It continues to cycle through all that continuously.HELPCatherine Hynes
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Did you try to press the copy button once more and what is the last thing you can see on the printer screen ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Making sure all lights are on in the printer area. Then it stops at step 6 and goes through steps 1 through 6 again.The printer heads need to be aligned and it has to go through a cleaning process.I cannot go any further.Thanks *****
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Do you have installed the printhead and cartridges ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lights are on but nobody is home
Everything seems ok, till the dreaded re run of steps 1-6
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Did you try to disconnect the power cord for 10 mins. to hard reset the printer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are doing the hard reset.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's next?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the late reply, I got offline for day after waiting for your reply. Please let me know, what is happening at present.