littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Technician
Experience:  Printer expert
63817454

Colin and my printer is not talking to my computer. I keep

Customer Question

Hi Colin I am Marilyn and my printer is not talking to my computer. I keep on getting error code30
Category: Printers
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. First, press the reset button briefly on your wireless router. Unplug your printer for one minute, plug it back in. Connect it to your router, and try a test print. Be sure to clear your print queue. This will reset the network connection, and hopefully restore functionality.

It seems that there is an issue with your payment, it won't let me accept your offer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to reset the network. It will print from the printer but not the computer

Ok, did you also reset the printer, and re-connect it to the network? When you print, do you have the proper printer selected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have 1 printer. It is wireless so I unplugged it for a few seconds then reset the network on the computer and it still gives me the error message 30

Did you push the reset button on your wireless router? That is usually where the problem is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My router says there are 2 things working from it. That is my computer and printer

There is a reset button on the back of your router recessed inside of a hole. Please press it, or I cannot help you further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing I do is working. I have a Net gear router and I can't find what you think I can do. I will have to go to brother and see if they can be of help but thanks for trying

Look at the back of your router. Locate the little hole. You'll need to press it with a paperclip, toothpick, or something similar. If you need me to point it out, tell me the model number of your router.