Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Xerox Phaser 8560N what do you do when the printer reads

Customer Question

Xerox Phaser 8560N what do you do when the printer reads error ram
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am unable to offer Live Phone Call service at this time - but your request for a live phone call is still open to other Experts and may be picked up upon at any time.)

When an 'ERROR RAM' appears on power-up, it usually means a severe problem with memory handling or basic memory management, or sometimes simply memory not reading, inside the printer.

It is a fatal error and requires considerable remediation actions before the printer will work again.

The usual measure is to open the rear cover, and - observing anti-static-discharge precautions, which are absolutely essential and this cannot be emphasized enough - re-seating the RAM modules in their slot(s).

Are you prepared to do that? it's good to have a delicate touch, not wear anything woolen, and also have considerable knowledge of anti-static discharge precautions.

If so, I can instruct you... but be warned again, it's best to have a qualified electronics technician do the RAM reseating.

(Also, there is a slight possibility that one or more RAM modules have been removed from the printer, or that - if RAM modules have been changed or new ones installed lately - that the changed or new modules are faulty.) Let me know, please. Thanks.