John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I BOUGHT THE CANON PRO 100 OFFICE. WE PRINT A LOT OF COLOR

Customer Question

i BOUGHT THE CANON PRO 100 FOR OUR OFFICE. WE PRINT A LOT OF COLOR DOCUMENTS, ALONG WITH A LOT OF TEXT. ALTHOUGH THE DESCRIPTION AND REVIEWS MADE THIS PRINTER SOUND LIKE A GOOD CHOICE - IT RUNS AT A SNAILS PACE. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A PRINTER PRINT B & W TEXT SO SLOWLY. CAN WE DO ANYTHING TO IMPROVE IT?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be looking into your question. Can you tell me what type of documents you are sending to the printer? Also, when yo are printing multiple pages, do you notice that it'll print 2-3 pages fast then pause, then print 2 or 3 pages?

Expert:  Cpolarek replied 1 year ago.

The one thing the pixma pro 100 isn't good at is printing normal documents and this wouldn't be printer used for printing a few color pages. This printer is used basically ONLY for color photographs. It prints one 8 1/2x 11 page in 50 seconds. Why is it slow, well because of the inks and to prevent smudging, it pauses. Even printing black only, it uses the gray cartridges which also causes it to pause. So, if you are printing just a regular word document, speed isn't going to happen with this.