Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Epson 845 says "Printer is out of paper or paper jam" but

Customer Question

Epson 845 says "Printer is out of paper or paper jam" but when I check it, there is only one sheet that does not seem to go all the way through. I have fluffed the paper, filled cassette i, reduced the paper, and still I get the same message.
Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the described symptom almost always point to a hardware issue or more particularly, possible suspects are:

• • there is a piece of paper or foreign matter stuck somewhere along the paper path - if able, force feed a sheet of thick/stiff paper (similar to those used for calling cards or even photo-papers) hopefully to push out the piece of paper;
  • • the paper present sensor is faulty - would require repairs (dis-assembly to rectify);
  • • the paper cassette has an issue of its own - the tongue/tab at the bottom of the paper cassette nearer the rear is not pushing on the paper present sensor.